Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Quality Assurance Inspector, youll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us.
What you'll do...
- Inspect all inbound produce shipments on arrival to ensure compliance with established USDA standards.
- Monitor the condition and quality of products in inventory by opening cases, checking receiving dates, and tracking proper case rotation in the pick slots.
- Document and communicate information and related quality control reports in accordance with standards, deadlines, and company requirements.
- Work with the buying team to problem-solve the best avenues for generating revenue on all items based on quality conditions.
What we look for...
- 2+ years of experience within the Produce industry (Retail, Wholesale, Distribution, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of food handling, processing, quality, storage, and inspection of produce items.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Knowledge of basic computer skills such as Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and work extended periods of time in cold temperatures. Lifting requirements are subject to change to accommodate an employees restrictions.
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
If this sounds like your kind of job, we'd love to hear from you!