GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Directs activities concerned with contracts for sale of products, or service by performing the following duties personally or through support representatives: develop and drive continuous improvement roadmap for excellent customer service by setting processes, goal, and performance metrics for reporting to the Leadership team.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews quotes from other firms for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids. Prepares quotes with process specifications, testing, and progress reports.
- Negotiates contract with customer or bidder. Requests or approves amendments to or extensions of contracts always within a timely manner.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution by leading and owning all post-sales activities to ensure customers are provided continuous updates on the status of an order
- Provide sales support to existing accounts and order entry by communicating the status of orders and customer concerns to sales and senior management
- Provide data and sales forecasts for upper management and production.
- Review and perform market analysis to determine customer needs in addition to assisting with the organization of product brochures and technical publications
- Establishes and maintains contact with customers and when required suppliers to ensure the smooth working of the sales process.
- Coordinates work of sales department with production and shipping department to implement fulfillment of contracts.
- Mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Knowledge of the EMS, QMS policies, goals, and objectives. Assist with systems based on Lean principles and practices to meet or exceed the requirements of the established QMS, EMS and all other standards required to serve Kelco target markets.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Technical degree and/or experience highly desired, as well as understanding of engineering prints and tolerances as well as the aptitude to learn technical information quickly.
- Knowledge of PTFE / plastics / Rubber processing. Prior knowledge of manufacturing
- Outgoing with a keen sense of servitude. Effective communication skills with confidence in decision making and customer experience.
- Prior experience in supervisory roles with strong organizational and collaborative skills across multiple organizations (Sales, Product, Customer Support, Partners)
- Prior experience in outside sales