The Graphic Designer is a temp/contractor job starting approximately February 24th and lasting for approximately 8 weeks, for about 30 hours per week.
The graphic designer will provide art direction, layout and production skills for IFAI publications, delivering high impact, brand-consistent designs for print, digital and tradeshow environments in a fast-paced team environment. This position combines the knowledge of design processes and technologies with visual communications skills.
- Reports to Creative Director
- Works collaboratively with all teams/departments
primary duties and responsibilities
- Develop and execute creative for publications, advertising, collateral and promotional materials
- Maintain consistency of established design formats/brand identity as well as create new designs to enhance and improve the visual appeal of all materials
- Create artwork as needed (includes infographics, graphs, charts, illustrations)
- Work with editor to manage production schedules to meet deadlines and publication dates
- Coordinate and perform all rounds of proofs and accurately compile and enter revisions
- Execute initial design concept to finished piece.
- Color correct images, manipulate as needed
- Manage entire design/production process of assigned projects
- Maintain complete, organized, and accessible electronic and paper file archives.
- Responsible for quality control of projects and execution of brand strategies and design standards
- Remain current on design trends, software, equipment and techniques of the publishing industry.
- Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary