ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (CAPITAL CAMPAIGN)
THE WINDWARD SCHOOL
The Windward School seeks an Associate Director of Development (Capital Campaign) who will serve as a critical member of the Development team. This individuals primary responsibility will be working closely with the Head of School, Capital Campaign Committee, Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Development to oversee and manage the current capital campaign. Additionally, the role will involve direct cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of prospects.
Qualified candidates should not only have the experience and expertise listedbelowalso:
A deep understanding of and a passion to support The Windward Schools mission
A readiness to embodyWindwardscore valuesof commitment, growth, impact and community
Display a proven commitment to DEI (diversity, equity & inclusion) work and fostering an inclusive culturally competent school environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of The Windward Schools capital campaign including: planning, creating materials, managing the pipeline of donors, working with volunteers, and creating reports for the Head of School and Board of Trustees.
- Manage a portfolio of constituents including current parents, alumni parents, current trustees and former trustees.
- Support the Head of School, Capital Campaign Committee members, Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Development with their cultivation and solicitation assignments.
- Help organize in-person and virtual (if necessary) cultivation events for the capital campaign.
- Work with the Development team to create reports and revenue tracking for Capital Campaign Committee, Development Committee and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to create an intentional and strategic methodology to research new prospects and existing donors.
- Design personalized stewardship opportunities for current donors.
- Manage the current capital campaign committee and help to identify and train new committee members
- Create agendas, updates and reports for the campaign chairs and campaign meetings.
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Communications Department to design The Windward School-branded campaign materials and create a timeline of campaign communications.
- Partner with the Director of Development and Communications Department to develop strong and consistent marketing and communications strategies.
- Draft talking points for the Head of School and Capital Campaign Committee members for events.
- Prepare the Head of School, Capital Campaign Committee members, Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Development for solicitations by providing background information and solicitation materials.
- Work with the entire Development team to coordinate the proper timing and/or comprehensive asks for leadership donors.
- Attend cultivation and stewardship events.
- Oversee the installation of donor signage and the donor recognition wall at the Westchester Lower School.
- Oversee planning for a grand opening/campaign public phase kickoff event at the Westchester Lower School.
- Perform other duties as required by the Head of School and Director of Development.