Georgia World Congress Center Authority
At the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA), we are committed to creating a consistently compelling experience for every guest who walks onto our campus. Its what sets us apart and what fuels our vision to be the No.1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world.
Our team members, regardless of role or responsibility, are dedicated to bringing this commitment to life every day. If youre results-oriented, passionate about customer service, believe in teamwork, and possess an unwavering commitment to quality, then a career at GWCCA could be your calling. Are you ready to begin your Authority Life journey?
The GWCCA is currently seeking an Event Manager to join our team. This position is integral in organizing, planning, and managing the client experience and ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast paced environment, foster a team mentality, and strive for continued professional growth while upholding the GWCCA brand promise to consistently deliver compelling customer experiences. The Event Manager reports to the Client Services Manager and is responsible for the overall management of the client experience.
Successful employees at the Georgia World Congress Center Authority embody our four core values- to be one, to be honest, to be stewards, to be dynamic and share our vision to be the #1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes and manages assigned events within the Georgia World Congress Center and Centennial Olympic Park.
- Review clients proposed event operation plan, including floor plans. Recommend to the client changes determined to be in the best interest of the client and the facility. Direct changes required by facility policies, procedures and regulations, or by rejection/modification of an operations plan which does not comply and for which voluntary compliance cannot be obtained.
- Responsible for managing events/meetings that include exhibit hall space, have a tradeshow component, corporate or VIP events working directly with client, general contractors & production companies.
- Prepare detailed event outlines and setup instructions to operating departments based on client specifications with consideration of facility capabilities, policies, contracts and other circumstances.
- Acts as primary on-site facility contact with client; coordinates and directs the staff to provide necessary services and equipment to implement client requirements and changes while monitoring event progress to ensure compliance in accordance with current facility policies and procedures. Recommend appropriate corrective actions as necessary.
- Review contracts to ensure all special provisions have been fulfilled per the agreement.
- Prepare, update and finalize cost estimates of event related charges.
- Manage on-site adjustments as necessary to assure compliance with safety measures.
- Acts on behalf of the facility and management to enforce policies and procedures and exercises independent judgment in all activities involving clients, event patrons and the general public.
- Serves as manager on duty for the duration of assigned events and makes decisions independently appropriate to facility policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Event Coordinators & Managers, operating departments, and service partners to ensure quality service to customers.
- Conduct pre- and post-event meetings with clients and operating departments.
- Plan, organize and maintain a productive work schedule as required by events assigned.
- Maintain a professional image that represents the philosophy of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority with emphasis on providing customers with the highest level of customer service deemed possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage a productive works schedule as required by events assigned.
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources.
- High degree of integrity and compliance.
- Thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion.
- Ability to respond to problems and resolve issues with minimum supervision.
- Use appropriate technology to find and process information, while continuously looking for innovative ways to enhance our performance.
- Ability to work an irregular work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years event management or similar experience in hospitality or related field preferably in convention center facility.
To learn more about our culture and campus, visit us at www.gwcca.org.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such does not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or on terms or conditions of employment because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, eligibility for military service, disability, or for any other illegal purpose.