Do you have a passion for the beauty of the high desert?
Are you a storyteller at heart?
Can you imagine yourself in the Valley of Fire one day, and staring across Zabriskie Point the next?
Put your passion to work taking tour guests to Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam! We are hiring adventurous stewards who are energetic, safety-minded and capable of bringing our Las Vegas tours to life. We provide extensive training, advancement opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
$14.0 hourly pay plus cash gratuities. $400 sign-on bonus. Full-time positions...Hiring now for 6 weeks of paid training starting April 24, 2023!
Full-time new hires eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits. All new hires eligible for Paid Time Off, 401k, complimentary tours for family and friends, our referral program and our Employee Assistance Program.
Our Tour Guides work in a dynamic tourist environment focused on customer satisfaction. A guide provides a fun, informative tour. They provide for the comfort and safety of the customer while delivering information on natural and cultural resources in a meaningful way. They are safety minded, inspecting and operating their vehicle in compliance with all Laws, Regulations, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Able to perform the following Guide fundamentals in a satisfactory manner
- Conducts tours in an engaging and professional manner
- Skilled driving on and off road
- General understanding of our permits and operating plan
- General understanding/working knowledge of tour scheduling & tour rotation
- Reads and follows manifest to insure tour type and accuracy
- Presents information on all tours: Local history, geology, USFS, plants & animals
- Assists customers in and out of the jeep and demonstrates concern for their safety.
- Reviews/Refreshes knowledge from training and pursues ongoing learning and education
- Professional and effective communication across departments to insure maximum tour efficiency.
- Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude in all interactions with customers, fellow employees, citizens, competitors, hotel/resort staff, and management.
- Maintains an average to above average attendance record.
- Respects and follows company policies and procedures.
- Takes constructive feedback in a respectful manner and applies it.
- Is available to work up to 12 hours/day with up to 10 hours of tour time.
- Consistently and carefully inspects, operates, and cleans their vehicles repetitive motion involves: climbing in and out of the vehicle, reaching overhead and across at chest level.
- Maintain efficient, daily contact and adequate communication with the reservation staff to assure timely tour departures and accurate Jeep assignments.
- Safely operates the vehicle while crafting entertaining and informative tours.
- Internal and External Customer satisfaction: Pink Listens, comments/feedback.
- Reliability/availability good attendance record, willing to work extra shifts during peak times
- Quality of tour: driving skills, knowledge of the resources, fun.
- Safety follows all SMITH guidelines and has a good safety record.
- Ongoing educational pursuits to enhance interpretive and informational skills.
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPES: