Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What youll do
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees for the maintenance department
- Assemble, install, maintain, and repair machinery/equipment
- Conduct routine maintenance and repairs on Pacific Coast Fruit Company vehicles
- Estimate and schedule work completion including but not limited to work schedule, cost, required man-hours, supply/parts orders, contracting out options, clean-up
- Recognize, identify, and offer solutions to potential safety/emergency issues
- Meet productivity requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for
- High school diploma and at least 3 years of relevant work experience (or any combination of experience and relevant certifications sufficient to perform the duties of the position)
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, and schematics
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment (forklift, electric pallet jack, etc.) and tools safely and professionally
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program