Interested in joining a winning team? Start your career in beer with High Country Beverage!
HCB is always looking for great employees to share in our passion for excellence! Our team oriented culture and can-do attitude provide the perfect platform for individual growth opportunities in delivery, sales, marketing, warehouse, and administration.
Our Culture / Our Mission:
HCB’s goal is to be the best distributor in the country. We provide our customers with superior service compared to our competition. We maintain the quality of our products at the highest standards possible. HCB provides a safe and ideal work environment for our employees that generate pride in their work and sets goals for personal improvement. HCB is a fast-paced company that's always looking for ways to improve customer and employee satisfaction. Our employees take pride in being the #1 beer distributor in Northern Colorado, with top selling brands like, Coors Light, New Belgium, Samuel Adams, Guinness and Corona.
This position is the primary point of contact and advocate for assigned suppliers and High Country Beverage. This position reports to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for executing the annual business plan, sales and distribution goals, and the retail activation of both HCB sales divisions which relate to their assigned suppliers.
Accountable for assigned supplier P&L statements to ensure both HCB divisions and supplier goals are achieved for sales volume, distribution, profit, and revenue. Ensure that budgets and annual business plans are managed and maximized to reach our collective goals.
Train HCB sales staff weekly on brand attributes and selling techniques.
Oversee the sales performance, distribution, and quality of all assigned brand products.
Develop and clearly communicate brand-specific sales activities and incentive programs for the Sales Department. Plan the effective use of marketing resources to maximize the development and revenue of assigned suppliers. Integrate and enhance assigned supplier’s marketing programs. Keep abreast of pertinent financial and sales results. Assist the sales team to achieve sales and distribution goals.
- Develop and clearly communicate effective Business Plans for all assigned suppliers with assistance from the Marketing Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing to sales managers and sales force.
- Develop and clearly communicate a Beer knowledge-training program and implement to all HCB employees on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop and clearly communicate direction and goals for assigned supplier’s products in concert with HCB brand/package objectives.
- Manage POS orders to meet brand and market needs while following HCB POS budget plan. Monitor POS timing and use at retail to insure assigned supplier and HCB budgets are used to maximum effectiveness.
- Develop and clearly communicate marketing plans to include media and special events for assigned supplier’s products in concert with the HCB/Supplier Business plans and budgets. Assist in the set up and tear down of special events.
- Proactively work with assigned Supplier representatives to design, implement, track, and evaluate incentives.
- Work with assigned Suppliers and HCB Sales force at retail to gain targeted distribution, and to evaluate the execution of programs throughout the year to ensure we are hitting our execution goals.
- Develop and conduct brand-specific sales and product knowledge training for the Sales Department. Make brand presentations to sales force at weekly meetings.
- Strategically analyze pricing of assigned brands to enhance our long-term brand equities, as well as the profitability of HCB and our retail partners. Analyzes potential margin changes due to various supplier pricing scenarios including quantity discounts.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing, Marketing Manager, Off-premise Sales Managers, On-Premise Manager, Delivery Manager, and Salespeople in achieving brand goals and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize retail opportunities based on account potential by channel, segment, and consumer demographics.
- Analyze and evaluate sales, distribution, and retail execution data and communicate the results to the appropriate company personnel and/or supplier representatives.
- Develop and clearly communicate new product launch plans with assigned supplier reps; assist the Product Supply Team to forecast new products volume.
- Assist the Product Supply Team, as needed, to forecast sales of all assigned brands.
- Identify and monitor assigned SKU’s, taking appropriate action to ensure all possible brands and packages are meeting distribution goals. Also take action to address slow moving packages and implement an appropriate exit strategy.
- Work with all levels of the sales department on an ongoing basis, to facilitate achieving desired outcomes and in-field training in Supplier Retail Standards.
- Ensure that all assigned HCB products are represented at retail in line with the supplier’s Retail Standards.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key retailers in all segments and channels.
- Communicates assigned supplier’s Quality Assurance Standards to all HCB personnel and represents assigned suppliers as an advocate for Quality Assurance.
- Monitors shelf schematics to follow Supplier Standards and helps sell in and implement shelf re-sets designed to improve HCB product space allocation and positioning foe HCB’s craft and import brands.
- Understands and complies with all local, state and federal regulations along with all HCB policies and procedures.
- Completes monthly reports, vehicle mileage reports and special assignments at the request of the Marketing Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing or President of High Country Beverage. Submits all required reports neat and on time.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, practices, procedures and controls, applicable to his/her primary function.
This position is considered a leader in the HCB organization. As such, the Brand Manager will maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times. Position will be asked to perform duties “above and beyond the normal” from time to time, and expected to cheerfully perform such duties. Position expected to be a positive role model for other HCB employees.
Brand Manager, Northern Colorado
Full Time /Salary & Incentives
Competitive Pay & Benefits
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note selected candidates will be subject to an MVR & criminal background check and a pre-employment physical/drug screen.