Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program.
- Three to five years of professional library experience including three years of supervisory experience.
- Maryland Professional Public Librarian certificate.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of public library services, customer service, technology, information services, adult services, youth services, as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of literature, reference and information materials, publishers, and periodicals required.
- Knowledge of public library reference tools, including web and database searching.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as customer service skills.
- Excellent organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Planning and goal setting skills.
- Ability to work in a labor/management environment.
To be considered for these vacancies, click on the below link or visit: www.pgcmls.info and complete an online application.
Positions open until filled.
Salary is competitive based on experience.
Candidates selected for hire will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
May telework once a week after a six-month probationary period.