Health West’s mission is Empowering our patients and communities by proactively providing quality, affordable patient-centered healthcare. Are you interested in working with a fantastic (fun) team whose mission is to provide top notch medical care to underserved communities in southeast Idaho? At Health West we pride ourselves on doing great things for people every day. Health West has an excellent benefits plan, Continuing Professional/Medical Education plans and student loan repayment/forgiveness through the National Health Services Center. We would love to have you as part of our team.
The Psychologist position is part of the City Center Clinic. As part of the team, this position identifies, triages, and manages the patient population with medical and behavioral health problems, providing direct clinical services. This position also requires supervision of other behavioral health staff, including licensed clinical social workers and interns/externs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides initial and on-going consultation and support to medical providers and clinic staff regarding behavioral health services.
- Integrates behavioral health best practice into program design and delivery.
- Supervises behavioral health providers.
- Provides training and orientation to primary care providers on behavioral health.
- Helps with submission of grants to expand behavioral health services.
- Conducts clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions and makes treatment recommendations.
- Provides direct clinical therapy services to patients.
- Provides crisis support services as needed.
- Provides behavioral health consultation/integration services to patients as needed, including warm hand offs and brief interventions.
- Provides psychological assessment/testing services to patients.
- Maintains timely, accurate, and appropriate records.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Implements Patient Centered Medical Home practices.
- Complies with Health West Inc. Policies and Procedures.