SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manage the development and implementation of innovative public relations programs for Visit Myrtle Beach to generate earned media that drives brand awareness, demand, visitation, and tourism economic impact for the destination. Collaborate with CVB marketing team, chamber staff, agencies and partners in the development and fulfillment of various public relations programs and content initiatives that integrate and support the overall marketing division goals and objectives.
- Develops an understanding of MBACVBs tourism environment and strategy, from a local, regional, and national perspective
- Collaborates with VP of Brand and Communications to define public relations project objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish project approach
- Leads the relationship with PR agencies and partners, including establishing and communicating strategies, priorities, status, and performance with internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in the editorial production coordination, and support for the internal and external communications related to tourism, as well as collaborating and supporting local PR with the Chamber Communications Manager.
- Acts as an internal resource, championing MBACVBs content, storytelling, and digital innovation, whenever possible
- Assists in developing and implementing public awareness, outreach, and promotional efforts (local, regional, and national); creates media strategies to publicize MBACVB programs, services, and accomplishments
- Facilitates public relations requests in a timely, efficient, and methodical manner
- Analyzes and interprets data including, but not limited to, competitive statistics and economic and tourism trends, as well as media monitoring reports
- Prepares public relations communication materials to include news releases, articles, copy points, media statements, promotional and video content, press kits, and TV/video scripting
- Researches and recommends means to improve both current and future public relations positioning
- Keeps abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing MBACCs business
- Uses critical thinking skills to proactively recommend ways to shape public perception
- Oversees in-market media hosting program; this includes itinerary planning, meet and greet, and story follow-up.
- Maintains and refreshes Visit Myrtle Beach and MBACC press room; creates evergreen and fresh story ideas.
- Participate in all marketing activities and collaborate with CVB marketing team members.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Brand and Communications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with leadership and all employees, including responses to electronic communications. Must work well with others.
- Excellent public relations skills, including written releases, interviews, pitching, and meeting with media.
- Critical communications response skills.
- Collaborate with PR agency and marketing team with implementation of public relations programs, as well as other social media or content initiatives as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, general membership, and business community.
- Ability to provide appropriate counsel to staff and committees consistent with board policy that reflects knowledge of organization bylaws.
PERFORMANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTING
- Public Relations and Marketing Programs Accountability: Public relations (and other projects as assigned) goals and deliverables are met on time and within budget and programs meet or exceed established goals and objectives. Program activities are tracked with final reports on performance.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Chamber. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.