The Web Development Manager manages the alphabroder web development team which plays a critical role bridging customer experience with alphabroder technologies. Leveraging an ERP CMS system, Magento, VueJS apps, Feeds and APIs, the web development team oversees multiple web properties owned and operated by alphabroder and executes on a wide variety of projects and support work including:
- Updates to site search, navigation, and product display
- Visual updates to customer experience
- Changes to My Account functionality
- Updates to Magento extensions, including inhouse managed
- Addressing site performance issues
- Marketing JS-based integrations
This is a hands-on manager role the expectation is that the Web Development Manager will function as a point of escalation and resolution for a variety of HTML/CSS/JS display issues, front-end performance issues (i.e. onload time, core web vitals), day-to-day Magento management on Threadsy.com, and debugging of in-browser JS/VueJS. A significant portion of this position entails mastering an ERP CMS system built in Progress WebSpeed ABL that drives most of alphabroders web properties and coordinating functional extensions to it as needed. Additionally, the Web Development Manager plays a pivotal role in tracking of support issues, prioritizing them with business, and tracking work vs labor to ensure IT understands trends ticket resolution capacity and capability.
Primary websites to support would include:
Other sites are currently in development.
- Support large strategic initiatives
- Find opportunities to introduce contemporary technologies that enhance the customer experience when and where possible
- Coordinate with IT Management and Architects to ensure alignment of future directions of the alphabroder platform
- Work closely with business to ensure that all support requests are being appropriately prioritized
- Own frontend performance management and metrics
- Ensure daily that blockers for internal development work are being identified and addressed
- Ensure programming output meets expectations of quality and stability
- Ensure all company HR rules are being enforced -Conduct annual reviews identify areas of growth opportunities with staff
- Work closely with business leads on changes to ensure quality and requirements are fulfilled
- Support QA testing, resolve defect tickets
- Adhere to all release management and version control policies in place
- Be available for production support escalations as needed
- Off-hours support required when needed for production support or other activities that cannot occur during business hours.