Mobile Crisis Clinician - Overnights
Starting Salary - $53,000
The Mobile Crisis program will provide a diagnosis (with appropriate supervisory sign-off, per scope of practice), short-term crisis assessment, short-term treatment plan and interventions, and follow-up services to the identified client experiencing emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric crises. These interventions, provided by telephone and on-site mobile visits, will be implemented using a strength-based, trauma-informed, systems-oriented perspective and will include the development of crisis prevention and safety plans; follow-up to evaluate the effectiveness of plans; coordination of services with existing treatment providers; and linkage to additional community based therapeutic resources and supports.
What a Mobile Crisis Clinician can expect:
- Provide rapid response to adults, children, adolescents and families, who are in crisis by phone and on-site within the community, and as assigned, participate in acute care hospital emergency room/behavioral health services rotation system designed to facilitate and strengthen community-based crisis intervention services. This includes rotation of schedule to provide coverage during holidays and other team members' vacations.
- Conduct risk assessments, mental status examinations, and substance abuse screening.
- Analyze information to identify action plan, which includes crisis stabilization plan, safety, and crisis prevention plans, and plan for follow-up. Consult with team and supervisor as appropriate.
- Coordinate with community resources for collateral input and follow-up care, including referrals for substance abuse assessment and treatment.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and stabilization services to adults, children, adolescents, and their families in the home or community (wherever the individual is experiencing a crisis).
Your experience and qualification:
- Requires an LMSW licensure
- Requires a Masters's degree and two years of related experience.
- Must possess a valid NYS Drivers License and be willing/able to drive to clients homes and communities under a variety of circumstances and weather conditions. Must be willing to work in a variety of settings, including clients homes and other community locations where there may be pets, cigarette smoke, etc.
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.