The Permit Assistant works under the direction of the Permit Specialist in ordering, submitting, tracking, and obtaining encroachment permits. This involves close cooperation with Project Managers to collaborate deliveries and pickups for essential permit related documents, ensure permits are on track for proposed job dates, and city demands, and expectations are appropriately managed. In short, the Permit Assistant is responsible for the acquisition of permits for any projects that are assigned to them.
- Work with Permit Specialist to gain an understanding of the permit process with various Agencies and a variety of circumstances and become well versed in all manner of permit requirements.
- Manage the priority order, due dates and time management of all assigned permit orders.
- Determine permit requirements for permit orders (eg. traffic plans, insurance, application submittal, etc.).
- Estimate permit costs, both independently and in cooperation with the Permit Specialist as needed, for upcoming projects.
- Follow up with and track status of all pending permit applications, while maintaining all databases currently in place. (eg. Access, Permit Log, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Maintain constant communication with the Permit Specialist and PM on permit status, anticipated approval date, and any issues that may jeopardize the proposed start date.
- Maintain database (both on the computer and physical files) of pertinent Agency information including, but not limited to: insurance requirements, application forms, permit types, closure costs, turnaround times, contacts, etc.
- Deliveries & Pickups - Under the Permit Specialist, coordinating with PM's and Planners to ensure efficient and timely pickup and delivery of needed documents.
- Post no parking – Coordinating, posting, and removing no parking signs.