Core Bank is an accomplished Community Bank located in the Greater Omaha, NE and Kansas City, KS areas. We are not a mere collection of buildings or a place just to work or manage money we are a community of friends, neighbors and partners in making life just a little bit better. Our culture - what we call our Recipe for Awesome - creates an environment that's a great place to bank - and a great place to work. It ensures we grow together, learn together, and have fun doing it.
At Core Bank, our Vision is to be a truly remarkable company that just happens to be a bank. And, if you just happen to want to work somewhere truly remarkable, then we'd love to get to know you. To learn more about what makes us - us, explore www.corebankcareers.com.
Core Bank has community at its heart. We want to create healthy communities with an emphasis on financial wellbeing to help more deserving families achieve homeownership, especially within low- and moderate-income (LMI) and minority or underserved neighborhoods.
As we continue to grow, were in search of energetic, passionate people that want to join a digital products team. We are building a nationwide digital mortgage platform with a personal touch. We are looking for dynamic individuals interested in building, implementing, and help run digital mortgage at Core Bank. Be part of a team with a passion for digital technology and take pride in making a tangible difference in the use of technology while still offering an incredible customer experience.
The Digital Mortgage Loan Advisor is responsible for processing loan documents and ensuring completeness of the loan file for submission to underwriting and closing. This position will offer an exceptional customer experience by engage directly with clients and prospects across the country to educate and counsel borrowers on financing options. Processors review borrower employment, income, assets, and closing fund sources to validate qualification for the loan program. In addition, compliance disclosures are reviewed to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
A Digital Mortgage Loan Advisor's responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibilities include ensuring all loan documentation is complete, accurate, verified and complies with the companys policies as well as state and federal regulations.
- Be the point-of-contact for borrowers and build connectivity and rapport with the borrower to contribute to their overall success.
- Receive mortgage applications and verify accuracy of the data to properly send initial disclosures to the applicant.
- Analyze loan applications, collect essential documents, and obtain third party reports
- Obtain, review, and verify required documentation from the borrower.
- Work with all members of the team including, Underwriters and Closers as well as third parties such as credit reporting agencies, appraisers, title companies, employers, landlords, etc. to document and complete the loan file for submission.
- Clear any conditions stipulated by Underwriting following conditional approval
- Re-disclose for any change-of-circumstance that occurs within processing
- Provide support as necessary to facilitate the origination and fulfillment of mortgage loans
- Manage and cure any quality control loan issues that require borrower communication
- Assist with the clearing of any investor suspend issues
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed loan procedures
- Other tasks as requested by Management