Who We Are:
Norris McLaughlin is a multi-practice, commercial law firm with offices in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Our capabilities and experience include legal counsel on matters of national and international scope. With a team of 120 attorneys practicing in over 30 legal disciplines and industry-focused groups, we are well-positioned to service a wide range of clients, including small businesses, middle-market companies, and Fortune 500 corporations, as well as the private individuals and families who own, lead, and/or manage those companies.
What You’ll Do:
The Digital Communication Specialist is responsible for drafting, editing, and publishing content on firm social media pages, blog sites, as well as other communication channels. The specialist works closely with the Business Development & Marketing Manager, Marketing Technology Coordinator, firm attorneys, and external agencies to initiate, organize, and disseminate these projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Social Media: Cultivate and manage social media strategy to support business initiatives; Monitor social media pages and respond to all reviews and messages received; Create content and develop monthly social calendar to promote the firm, its attorneys, and practice areas over multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn; Engage employees to follow and share social media posts; Provide social media engagement reports as needed.
- Website: Work closely with the firm’s Marketing Technology Coordinator to manage updates as needed; Create content for specific practice area or program landing pages; Manage and review organic and paid SEO to increase search engine rankings for the firm and its attorneys; Provide Google Analytics reports as needed.
- Work with the attorneys and practice groups to create and maintain an editorial calendar for all blog sites.
- Coordinate submission of attorney award nominations, articles, and other external materials.
- Serve as the primary contact with the firm’s public relations firm.
- Proofread marketing collateral to ensure brand consistency; Ensure proper use of logo, messaging, and other branding materials; Work cooperatively and communicate openly with internal and external resources to ensure understanding of project needs, requirements, and deadlines.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, or business.
- At least three years of Marketing and/or Business Development experience supporting multiple practice or industry groups in a professional services environment (law firm experience strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment executing digital marketing communications and campaigns that delivered a positive return on investment.
- Strong familiarity with social media outlets including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Exceptional writing abilities.