Responsible for maintaining, inspecting and repairing electrical, HVAC systems, domestic cold and hot water distribution systems, fixtures, sewer systems, medical gas systems, fire extinguishing systems and mechanical equipment and systems. Also maintains structural and architectural features of building(s). Provides hospital security when security personnel are not on duty.
- Troubleshoots electrical, mechanical and/or HVAC equipment problems.
- Performs preventive maintenance on sophisticated equipment.
- Informs the Director of all equipment problems that adversely affect the continuity of service of facility departments.
- Installs, inspects, maintains and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing equipment and systems.
- Installs, inspects, maintains and repairs hospital department operating equipment identified as non-clinical.
- Evaluates problems and provides the affected department manager with an estimate of downtime.
- Attends in-service education classes and advanced craft-training classes.
- May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- Provides security rounds and performs security duties as defined in the Security Officers job description.