Training and Experience:
- Current CA LVN license.
- Minimum of two years experience as licensed vocational nurse in an Internal Medicine/Family medical practice a plus.
- Current certification as an HIV Counselor a plus.
- Experience working in a nonprofit ASO environment a plus; specific training/experience with HIV/AIDS-related issues a plus.
- Skill and knowledge to maintain current LVN license/certificate.
- Knowledge and experience working with target populations, including individuals who share injection paraphernalia, gay and non-gay identified men, youth, women, and transgender individuals a plus.
- HIPAA certified and knowledge of informed consent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling bio-hazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
- Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments.
- Knowledge of referral processing and case management of clinical referrals.
- Ability to use computerized patient care systems.
- Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
- Work effectively with diverse staff, volunteers and professionals.
- Be at ease and work with a diverse group (ethnic, class, gender, sexual orientation) of individuals who may hold a wide range of opinions regarding prevention needs.
- Engage in community/coalition building.
- Meet multiple deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ensure that HCT services have the following qualities: 1) nonjudgmental 2) are harm reduction focused 3) are sex positive 4) are LGBT positive.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. Some weekend/evening work may be required. Local travel (within LA County) is required and some out-of-town and national travel may required. COVID-19 and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.