At Saban we believe in the employee experience, and know you are the heart of our business! Work shouldn't consume your life, we believe in Work-Life-Balance and strive for flexibility through various company perks.
Benefits and Perks:
- Weekend Shift Differential Pay
- 403(b) retirement plans with employer matching
- Generous paid time off including 1-Week Holiday closure for Christmas & New Years!
- Competitive Wages & Annual Merit Increase
This position is 24hrs/wk for3 months. ( three 8 hr days/wk)
The Physician is responsible for providing comprehensive direct primary and urgent care to an ethnically and socially diverse patient population, mostly indigent, in accordance with protocols, policies and procedures; and ensuring quality of care and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides primary care services to Clinic patients including:
- Conducting physical examinations
- Ordering and interpreting the results of laboratory, x-ray and other tests;
- Determining and implementing courses of treatment,
- Providing and monitoring the results of treatment; and adjusting as needed
- Proactively assists the patient and family through all facets of accessing care at the Clinic and elsewhere, serving as a resource to resolve patient and family concerns.
- Confers with student and resident physicians and other professional and support staff regarding care and treatment of patients and assists/mentors them in management of illness.
- Participates in the improving the quality of care including participation in peer review, setting clinical standards for medical support staff, and monitoring quality of medical services to patients.
- Meets and consults with other staff providers on an on-going, regular basis to discuss clinical concerns and opportunities for care improvement.
- Participates in team meetings and provides input on general operational issues to improve the quality of health care delivery including the Clinic’s Best Practices team to create and monitor protocols/guidelines for patient care and uniformity of forms.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new Clinic programs; may assume leadership for new health care initiatives and projects.
- A valid license to practice medicine in the State of California, with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity
- Board certification or eligibility in primary care specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Current DEA license and BCLS certificate
- Competency in evaluating and treating general pediatric and adult ambulatory care
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to care of patients in a clinic setting; and prior experience with county, state and federal programs such as CHDP, FPACT, EWC, Medi-Cal and Title X is preferred.
- Proof of Covid vaccination required
The Saban Community Clinic was founded in 1967 on the principle that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. It is our mission provide affordable quality Whole Person Care to everyone regardless of income or immigration status in a caring environment. This includes medical, behavioral health and dental care.
Saban Community Clinic values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at Saban means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Our impact continues to grow. Come join our dynamic team to help build healthier communities and make a difference in our patients' lives!