Multi-Craft Technician will maintain and trouble-shoot equipment within the manufacturing department. The technician will be fully trained in the operation of all manufacturing equipment before being trained specifically on the technical maintenance and repair Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Responsible for electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of fluid delivery, extrusion, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and conveyance systems in a clean room manufacturing environment. The technician will be required to maintain Operating Technician proficiency and in case of emergency, may be required to assist starting and ending of batch processing. Also, required to provide rebuilding of miscellaneous cylinders, valves, pumps, etc.
• Maintain Operator-Level training status for all departmental equipment.
• Maintain Multi-craft Technician training status for all technical work instructions and SOP’s.
• Perform preventive maintenance as well as trouble-shooting on all equipment.
• Provide detailed documentation of work completed, parts used, and shift summary. (Microsoft Office / CMMS)
• Use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System for writing work orders and pulling parts from stock.
• Read schematics and equipment manuals on a daily basis for trouble-shooting and procuring proper replacement parts.
• Perform routine shift checks of production equipment and document appropriately.
• Make technical adjustments to extrusion, molding, and filling systems as needed to maintain process control.
• Be available to perform and assist with emergency maintenance as required.
• Maintain compliance with all gowning, environmental monitoring, and personnel monitoring requirements.
• Be able to work efficiently in finding value-added activities on a daily basis without close supervision.
• Follow written and verbal procedures as directed by the area leadership team.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures, good housekeeping practices, cGMP and health/safety guidelines.
• Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 70 pounds of equipment, parts or supplies.
• Ability to ascend or descend machinery using feet, legs, hands and arms up to 8 feet high.
• Ability to maneuver into, around and out of machinery with limited access space.
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience in a technical manufacturing maintenance environment.
• Mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Ability to diagnose and repair hydraulic, fluid delivery, controls, extrusion, and 3-phase electrical systems.
• Ability to read mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic schematics to trouble shoot and repair these systems as required.