- Work time will be split between indoors/shop and outdoors/field.
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells.
- Exposure to chemicals such as fuel, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate to loud.
- Lift a maximum weight of 100 lbs., repetitively lift 25 lbs., carry approximately 100 lbs., and push/pull approximately 50 lbs.
- Reach overhead and reach away from the body, pinching and gripping.
- Walk 1 hour per day, stand 4 hours per day, kneel 1 hour per day, squat 1 hour per day, climb 1 hour per day, lay on back 2-3 hours per day.
- Experience maintaining and repairing diesel engines.
- Written communication, verbal communication and basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to learn and use iPad, iPhone and company software applications.
- Valid drivers license, CDL preferred.
- DOT certification.
- ASE certifications preferred.
- Mack training preferred.
Industry Related Experience or Skills:
- Familiarity with mechanical maintenance of concrete mixers, dump or refuse trucks.
Education Required: High School
Preferred Education: Vocational or trade school training
Bilingual in Spanish Preferred: Yes