LOCATION: Solomon Schechter Day School, Northbrook, IL
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
WAGE RANGE: $45 - $65 Per Hour
JOB CLASS: Part-time / Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The successful physical therapist (PT) incumbent will be part of a team of related service providers who support a student's ability to access his/her educational environment. As a specialist in movement, they assist a student's physical participation in a variety of settings throughout the school day. They work with a variety of conditions including those related to the neurological, musculoskeletal and integumentary systems in the body.
From its core programs for children and adults with intellectual challenges in the Chicago area, to its international consulting work, Keshet serves over 1,000 individuals with disabilities and touches the lives of many more family members, peers, supporters, and other stakeholders around the globe. Keshets local leadership, comprised of nearly 100 lay leaders from all walks of life, provide the inspiration, direction, and funding required to fulfill the organizations mission: to do whatever is necessary to allow individuals with disabilities to achieve their potential.
- Diagnosing movement dysfunction and developing a treatment plan.
- Teaching students how to properly use therapeutic exercise techniques.
- Providing stimulation or massage to promote healing.
- Assisting students with the use of equipment such as wheelchairs or walkers.
- Help improve students mobility and independence so they can participate in class activities and maximize educational opportunities.
- Assist students in developing feelings of self-worth and in making social adjustments that permit them to cope with disabilities.
- Build healthy and productive relationships with students, families, and staff within the Keshet Education Program.
- Maintaining confidential student records and keeping track of goals and progress.
- Advising the student and family about in-home treatment options and exercises.