Who We Are:
Norris McLaughlin is a multi-practice, commercial law firm with offices in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Our capabilities and experience include legal counsel on matters of national and international scope. With a team of 120 attorneys practicing in over 30 legal disciplines and industry-focused groups, we are well-positioned to service a wide range of clients, including small businesses, middle-market companies, and Fortune 500 corporations, as well as the private individuals and families who own, lead, and/or manage those companies.
What You’ll Do:
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development of new business opportunities for the firm. The specialist works closely with the Director of Business Development, Business Development & Marketing Manager, Marketing Technology Coordinator, Business Development Assistant, firm attorneys, and external agencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and draft pitches, proposals, and RFP responses to facilitate the generation of business development leads.
- Manage tracking of pitches, proposals, and RFP responses and follow-up with attorneys for status updates of new business opportunities.
- Assist with the development and execution of business development plans for practice groups and individual practitioners.
- In conjunction with the Director of Business Development, work directly with attorneys as a business development coach.
- Research, analyze and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients
- Analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and practitioners.
- Coordinate collection of internal monthly business development newsletter materials and collaborate with Marketing Technology Coordinator on distribution of newsletter.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that efforts are efficient and synchronized across business development support services.
Other Job Functions:
- Manage and execute client-facing events (mixers, happy hours, seminars).
- Coordinate with attorneys and external organizations in the planning and execution of events and sponsorship
- Manage and coordinate conference and tradeshow support.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, or Business-related area
- 3+years of business development or strategy experience within a professional services or law firm
- Superior research and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, meet deadlines, and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Must exhibit sound judgment, strong attention to detail, and effective problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and template-based SaaS products