RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following:
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours.
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule.
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues.
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests.
- Organize and oversee pool parties.
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool.
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The lifeguard performs their work at the pool. This position is performed in outdoor weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to chemicals and fumes.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves continually during working hours; is subject to lifting over 50 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to pass pre-employment practical skills test in the water
- Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching swim team highly desirable.
- Lifeguard experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule required.
- Must work summer holidays and weekends
- Must be motivated and have transportation to and from work
- Must know how to work computer and email
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Vesta Property Services has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards of the community in which the company operates. Alcohol and drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of Vesta Property Services employees and to the security of the company's equipment and facilities. For these reasons, Vesta Property Services is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to descript the principle functions of the job and should not construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.