This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Always greets patients courteously and makes comfortable with department/surroundings.
- Ensures admission chart is ready and actively assists with admission process (ID band, computer information, and consent form).
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients needs in a timely manner.
- Assists patients with ADLs, including meals, bathing and hygiene needs.
- Performs/assists with range of motion exercises and progressive ambulation as directed by RN.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher. Transports patients as needed.
- Reports changes in condition to the RN in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for clinical growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.