The Project Manager for Scientific Programs assists the Director in the planning and coordinating of all activities related to the American Psychiatric Associations (APA) Annual Meeting and Mental Health Services Conference (MHSC). The project manager will work in the Office of Scientific Programs (OSP) which is responsible for the development and implementation of the educational content of these two meetings. Primary responsibilities for this position includes the direct management of projects associated with the planning committees, assisting with adherence of production timelines, coordinating with the Office of CME, and assisting with various departmental tasks as assigned. The Project Manager is also responsible for assisting the Director and Associate Director with developing, administering, and implementing administrative procedures and operational methods for the efficient functioning of all Annual Meeting and Mental Health Services Conference activities and ensuring that ACCME guidelines are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting the Director with planning and executing all programmatic aspects of the Annual Meeting and Mental Health Services Conference
- Creates and tracks detailed work plans which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully implement the meetings/conferences noted above. Work plans cover topics including session scheduling, room assignment, acquiring faculty materials, abstract solicitation, and other work plans as assigned.
- Uses project management approaches to ensure that meeting/conference initiatives adhere to project milestones, scope, and policies.
- Consults with the Director and the Division of Education Business Manager on the processing of all SPC reimbursement requests and ensures that faculty and committee members adhere to budget/travel related policies.
- Provides organizational support to the Director of Scientific Programs including drafting and reviewing documentation, organizing internal and external meetings, maintaining accurate records and schedules, and communicating with our scientific program committees.
- Provide onsite support to member attendees, faculty, and program committee members
- Other duties as assigned