1. Provide case management services
- Provide case management to a group of assigned clients; identify short and long-term treatment goals and help clients achieve them, including linkages to community programs such as medical, psychiatric and drug treatment services
- Coordinate and follow up with the onsite medical and psychiatric treatment providers
- Provide onsite medication monitoring to tenants
- Accompany clients on visits to doctors, entitlement offices or other community services
- Maintain case records with documentation of services provided and outcomes, according to specific program procedures
- Assist clients in receiving entitlements and in understanding and complying with building rules and government subsidies to maintain residency
- Collaborate with staff in other GRCC programs to coordinate client service
- Encourage participation among resistant clients; conduct floor meetings to introduce and encourage program participation
2. Participate as Senate team member
- Attend staff meetings, case conferences, training programs and supervision meetings
- Participate in planning and leading group activities
- Collaborate to maintain an active resource directory
- Other duties as required include conducting unit inspections, and reviewing changes in government policies as well as changes in pharmaceutical and insurance companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field required
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and/or co-occurring disorders preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Understanding of housing first model
- Understanding of severe and persistent mental illness
- Understanding of harm reduction and trauma informed care
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Team player
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have/be:
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Able to use or learn computer databases such as AWARDS
- Some walking and travel to escort clients to various appointments throughout the city and occasional visits to hospital emergency rooms.
- Mostly indoor office, occasional kitchen and basement during groups. Regular visits to client apartments are also required.
This position is classified as a union position under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Goddard Riverside and the United Service Workers Union Local 74 Collective Bargaining Unit. The union represents employees in the bargaining unit (i.e. Goddard employees in Local 74 union positions). The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a written contract that defines the agreed-upon terms and conditions of employment, including wage increases, paid time off and other benefits, and the grievance process. All employees in Local 74 union positions at Goddard Riverside are subject to and covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Membership in the union includes the collection of union dues on a monthly basis, to be deducted from the member’s Goddard paycheck at a rate to be determined by the union.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.