Job Title: Snowmaking Crew
Responsible for seasonal snow making at a world-class nordic skiing venue and providing snow trail maintenance for winter season use. Maintain, move, and set up snowmaking equipment including but not limitedto: snow guns, hoses, sticks, fans, generators, electrical wiring, and pumps to maximize snowmaking operation. Conduct equipment and production checks including monitoring weather conditions during snowmaking operations. Provide consistent snow density and distribution while creating a skiable snow surface with various grooming machinery. Slope/trail maintenance staff will work full-time on the Snowmaking and Grooming crews as workloads dictate throughout the season. Perform basic troubleshooting of snowmaking guns, hydrants and equipment. Competently and conscientiously perform the required equipment inspections, servicing and record tracking of the results accurately and completely. Quickly and accurately report any problem with the product or equipment to a supervisor. This is a third/night shift position from 8pm to 6am for nightly snow production.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Assist with all aspects associated with snowmaking and grooming.
- Assist in the preparation and proper operation of ski and tubing hill facilities and equipment both in winter ski season, and during the transition between seasons.
- Utilize proper snowmaking logistics and follow supervisor’s nightly snow production plans.
- Orientate and learn the required automatic snowmaking software.
- Orientate and learn the proper firing and shutdown of the snowmaking pump system, valving system, and water and power utilities of the entire snowmaking system.
- Set-up and tear down all types of snow guns.
- Assist in general venue operations. Provide appropriate communication with the crew via handheld radio and cell phone as appropriate.
- Conduct equipment and production checks including monitoring weather conditions during snowmaking operations
- Provide consistent snow density and distribution while creating a skiable snow surface with grooming machinery
- Slope Maintenance staff will work full-time on the Snowmaking crews as workloads dictate throughout the season
- Perform basic troubleshooting of snowmaking guns, hydrants and equipment
- Competently and conscientiously perform the required equipment inspections, servicing and record tracking of the results accurately and completely
- Quickly and accurately report any problem with the product or equipment to a supervisor
- Assist with minor equipment repairs as needed
- Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment and facilities
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Willing to work extended/third shift hours from 8pm till 6am on a seasonal basis and mandatory overtime during snow making.
- Basic written and oral communication skills.
- Able to use a computer for basic email, training, and managing a water pump automation system.
- A valid driver’s license and insurability to drive on-road vehicles.
- Ability to operate a 400 snow cat for snow gun movement
- Ability to operate a snowmobile and or an UTV for snow gun movement
- Ability to work with all user groups and employees in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to walk on varied terrain and steep grades carrying a 20 pound load.
- Able to use hand and power tools with adequate grip strength.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
Environmental Job Requirements
Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes up to negative 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.