Interns must be able to commit to the following:
- Be punctual and prepared to work Monday through Friday 8:30 am until 3:30 pm
- September-June NLG accepts part-time Interns, however, the Intern must be able to work at least 3 days a week
- During the summer months, NLG requires that Interns work full-time (Monday through Friday 8:30-3:30)
- Commit to at least 10 weeks in the position
- Be in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- Related degree programs: (including but NOT limited to)
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Special Education
- Social Work
- Human Services
- Communication Disorders
- Have at least two references that will attest to Intern’s interpersonal skills, energy, work ethic, commitment to providing optimal education to children with autism, a love for children in general, their ability to work on a team, leadership skills, integrity, ability to accept and learn from feedback and skill in ABA.
- Have the ability to physically perform all job duties, including carrying students up to 50 pounds, keeping students safe and in close proximity at all times, particularly on outings
- Pass a background and CORI check.
- A driver’s license in good standing (if over 21 years of age)
Supervision and Performance Assessment:
- The Recruiting Coordinator will provide overall supervision to the Interns throughout the summer.
- The Classroom Assistants, Clinical Staff, and Lead Therapists will report to the Recruiting Coordinator about overall intern performance (including any concerns if needed)
- Nashoba Learning Group adheres to the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in its management of employees as well as in its teaching of children. Performance requirements are clearly specified, performance is measured frequently, feedback is given immediately and mastery of particular skills allows access to higher-level skills.
Supervision for ABA Therapist Job Responsibilities:
Interns should touch base with the Lead Therapist and Clinical Staff for students they are trained on when looking for guidance
All interns will be evaluated on general performance, cooperation, teamwork, and maintenance of the student’s books at the conclusion of the summer. The Lead Therapist and Clinical Director for each of the intern’s students will complete the evaluation (one evaluation per case)
Position Type: Internship
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Pay: $17.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: COVID vaccination is encouraged but not required.
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Work Remotely: No
NLG is committed to the philosophy and principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of NLG to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified candidates regardless of any race, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, protected genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. NLG expects all employees to support its equal opportunity objective.