- A desire, interest and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Must be able to physically assist people as needed, which may include lifting and/or physically supporting them with or without assistance from another person and train staff in learning these supports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication and problem solving skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency
- Must have the ability to successfully pass background check, obtain Level One Fingerprint Card clearance and drug test
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
If you are looking for an occupation where you can create a profound relationship as a mentor and a community advocate, RISE is the place for you!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.