Who You Are & What You Bring
- A Master degree (or equivalent Bachelor degree plus relevant experience) in biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field
- Prior demonstrated experience implementing, running and supporting PCR-based workflows using a requirements-driven, risk-based approach within the biotech industry or clinical laboratory.
- A strong track record of independence, productivity and creative problem-solving
- Expertise in one or more technology areas and considered a resource by colleagues to develop similar skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and implement experimental plans or processes to support objectives within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A passion for improving patient care through diagnostic technologies, particularly in genetics and oncology
- Up to 2+ years industry laboratory experience with multiplexed PCR methods, is desirable
- Proficiency with Excel, JMP, Python and/or R is desirable
- Experience with qPCR, capillary electrophoresis or nanopore sequencing or other 3GS instrumentation is desirable
- Experience developing regulated molecular diagnostic tests (especially FDA-cleared) is desirable
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity that makes Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.