Who You Are & What You Bring
- A natural problem solver with an innovative mindset coupled with strong technical acumen
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Experience developing modern machine learning algorithms, such as deep learning
- Experience developing algorithms and pipelines for one or more sequencing technologies
- Experience performing analyses and developing software in a Linux environment
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Experience with data science APIs, tools, and frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, containerization (e.g. Docker), or version control (e.g. git)
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Able to work independently and deliver on assigned projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidates will also possess one or more of the following experience/skills:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting long-read sequencing data
- Experience working and developing in an HPC environment
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity to make Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.