AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
As a Mechanic Second Class, you will assist with mechanical maintenance and repair on equipment throughout the facility. You may also work on processes to improve efficiency.
- Assist 1st class mechanic with any mechanical plant equipment, facility,
and/or process, in addition to performing incidental work including Basic
- Completes projects with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in use of most shop tools & equipment.
- Installs maintains, repairs & modifies plant equipment, facility &/or process improvements with the assistance of a 1st class mechanic.
- Assist with all types of electric arc & acetylene welding & cutting assignments.
- Operates shop tools & equipment for fabrication of or reworking of parts & any other tools under supervision of a 1st class mechanic.
- Assist 1st class mechanic with diagnoses & corrections on equipment/process problems.
- Any other maintenance duties assigned alongside a 1st class mechanic.