The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 403(b) plan, workers compensation, and assist with processing bi-weekly payroll, and maintaining time records.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Conduct new-hire orientations.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 403(b) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.