REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in health education, or related field or equivalent training and/or work experience;
2. Minimum two (2) years managing staff or interns, particularly those at the beginning of their careers
3. Minimum two (2) years experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds
4. Minimum two (2) years experience with group facilitation on topics related to health (preferably with adolescents).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bi-lingual capability (Spanish or Cantonese) strongly preferred.
2. Strong knowledge of best practices in youth health services and youth development theory.
3. Prior experience in curriculum development, project design, implementation and evaluation.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Recent TB clearance
2. Valid CA driver’s license & clear DMV record
3. Have or will complete first aid/CPR training
4. Fully vaccinated for COVID 19
1. Must pass a DOJ/FBI background check. Due to our requirements with licensing, candidates with backgrounds including items on this non-exemptible crimes list will not be eligible for exemption at this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIV- related conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.