To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of 16 years of age (18 or over preferred)
Specific Certification Requirements:
- Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult (preferred)
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification (preferred)
- If over 18 years old - Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via the APJCC specific Livescan location.
- If under 18 years old - current Work Permit
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, members, parents, donors and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
Other Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability and willingness to work as a “team”
- Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, dependable and a sense of humor
- Willing to follow directions and take initiative
- Understanding of the APJCC mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have the knowledge of campers’ whereabouts at all times.
- Actively facilitate camper development in Outdoor Recreation Activities, Social Skill Development, Values, Multi-Cultural and Environmental Awareness.
- Maintain a positive attitude and conduct with total staff team as a positive role model.
- Assist in development, implementation, and evaluation of daily day camp activities.
- Adhere to and enforce Camp policies and procedures and operate day camp activities in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain good public relations with day camp parents.
- Attendance at staff meetings and pre-camp training. (mandatory)
- Be prompt to all work assignments and adhere to day camp daily schedule and operating calendar.
- Enforces and adheres to camp procedures and policies.
- Maintains all camp equipment and supplies.
- Adheres to daily day camp operating schedule.
- Facilitates camper development.
- Cares about and gives attention to campers’ needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Camp Leadership.
**Ability to work traditional business hours as well as non-traditional hours as business dictates. To include but not limited to weekends and evening.
Effect on End Result: The effectiveness of this position will be measured by:
- Purposeful and coordinated programs that advance Camp and APJCC strategic goals, good public relations, sound financial position and good records systems;
- A positive working environment that allows for creative thinking, positive attitudes, teamwork and self-development;
- Permeation of Tiferet (contributing to the greater good) throughout all APJCC programs, services and interactions. This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Also required to climb, push, and pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work both in an outside and inside environment, different temperature extremes.
- Ability and willingness to get in the swimming pool to supervise swimming time.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.