Basic Function: To support Habitat Charlotte’s Affiliate Marketing efforts.
- Develop content that supports Habitat Charlotte’s affiliate marketing efforts
- Shoot image assets at work sites and affiliate events
- Write content for affiliate including family stories, blog posts and website
- Create content and schedule organic and paid posts for all Habitat Charlotte social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Work with VP Organizational Advancement & Development to identify and curate homeowner stories for fundraising marketing tactics
- Assist with the planning and execution of other local Habitat affiliates fundraising and development marketing activities, including social media posting, event communication and support, and fundraising marketing tactics
- Ability to travel within the Habitat Charlotte market area (greater Charlotte)
Other Duties: Habitat Charlotte-related tasks as requested by Supervisor
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing or PR or similar experience preferred
- Effective communicator; able to adapt communications style to target audience
- Organic and Paid Social Media management experience: general social media posting, paid social media ad setup and management, knowledge of social media tools like Later, Hootsuite, Canva, Crello, and Adobe CC
- Basic photography skills, video skills a plus
- Flexible self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Strategic mindset
- Reliable transportation
Ability to sit at a desk and operate a computer for lengthy periods of time. Ability to engage with staff, volunteers and supporters in the field for lengthy periods of time. Ability to transport and utilize required photography/video equipment.
Internal Interactions: All Habitat staff, primarily Assistant Director Communications & Brand, Retail Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing & Communications
External Interactions: Community Leaders, Habitat Volunteers, Habitat Homeowners and Social Media Followers
Level of Authority: Report to Assistant Director Communications & Brand
Work schedule: 30 hours per week
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and a clean background check is required.