The Company retains the right to add to or change this Job Description at any time.
In the Academic Partnerships division of Smart Horizons Career Online Education (SHCOE), Career Online High School (COHS) is a part of the SHCOE school district. The COHS Ambassador serves as the direct bridge between the Partner Success Team and our partners by increasing brand awareness and sales. The COHS Ambassador meets marketing goals and objectives, such as increasing program awareness, communicating the value of our products to prospective and existing partners, tracking customer feedback, and representing COHS at events, such as graduation ceremonies, conferences, and trade shows.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, including the following essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Other essential duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Achieves a deep understanding of SHCOEs mission, vision, and goals and the value of a high school diploma to the partners community.
- Clearly communicates SHCOEs mission, vision, and goals to current and potential partners.
- Builds and maintains an in-depth professional rapport with existing and prospective partners.
- Monitors partner feedback and reports feedback, partner preferences, metrics, and support requests to the Partner Success Team.
- Delivers presentations about SHCOE and its programs to prospective partners either in person or through web meetings.
- Promotes and encourages the use of SHCOE marketing materials and information at partner locations.
- Delivers graduation speeches, conducts interviews with students and partners, takes photographs or videos at events, and secures media releases.
- Escalates any program issues to the Partner Success Team for solutions.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
This job has the following non-essential duties and responsibilities. Other non-essential duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
- Informs supervisor of activities by submitting progress reports of account records updated and maintained in an electronic system.
- Monitors competitors and understands SHCOEs key differentiators.
- Performs any and all other duties, as assigned.
The COHS Ambassador has no supervision duties.
The supervisor provides intermittent supervision to the COHS Ambassador, makes assignments defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines, and assists the employee with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. The employee plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted policies. The supervisor reviews the work for technical adequacy and conformance with practice and policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Performing the essential functions of this job requires knowledge of:
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Practices, strategies, and technologies used to manage and analyze customers interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle, with the goal of improving business relationships and assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth.
- Principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Using American English, the employee must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write grammatically correct reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The employee must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The employee must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job requires the use of spreadsheets, presentations, the Internet, navigation of the Internet and files, and word processing. To perform this job successfully, the following competent skills are required upon hire: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
The employee must have the ability to learn Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Email and must have the ability to achieve the skills required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have competent skills and knowledge of PC Workstations and Microsoft Windows.
Programming Languages Knowledge/Abilities:
Other Equipment and Tools:
To perform this job successfully, the employee is required, upon hire, to have a reliable internet connection, computer hardware, monitor, keyboard, mouse, or any other equipment necessary to perform the duties of the position at home. The following skills are desired upon hire but the employee must have the ability to achieve skills for the job, to include holding telephone conference calls and other communications and using media technology.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, does not interrupt at inappropriate times, and conveys awareness.
- Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences, promises, and commitments.
- Interacts in a positive way with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives; behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social, and educational backgrounds.
- Brings others together and tries to reconcile differences.
- Persuades others to change their minds or behavior.
- Works without supervision and demonstrates considerable initiative.
- Consistently meets strict deadlines set by others.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals; works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
- Sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for oneself; displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve.
Language Skills and Abilities, Other than American English
High school diploma or other accredited high school equivalent and 2 years experience in face-to-face customer service or similar relevant experience.
Specialized Education/Training and Experience
Certificates and Licenses
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee may drive on Company business and must maintain a valid drivers license with a satisfactory annual Motor Vehicle Report. The employee is required to drive his/her Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) or a rental car to conduct Company business. For example, the employee may be required to drive a vehicle while attending partner events, meeting with partners in person, and meeting with SHCOE staff.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will travel up to 30% of the time, by land and/or air, 49 to 72 days per year, including overnight travel. The employee must be eligible for a Company credit card OR have a credit card available for travel expenses.
The employee will work remotely (at home).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the regular duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Talk or hear over 5 hours per day.
- Stand, walk, or use hand or hands, 3 to 5 hours per day.
- Sit less than 3 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job at conferences or other similar marketing activities, the employee is required to:
- Stand and walk 3 to 5 hours per day.
- Reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 3 hours per day.
- The employee may also be required to lift up to 50 pounds 3 hours or less per day to set up and break down exhibits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and color vision while reading text and graphics or participating in video conferences on a computer screen and distance vision for viewing presentation in meetings and conferences.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, such as in a business office with computers and printers, light traffic, etc.
Prior to hire, the selected candidate, if not a current Company employee, will be required to authorize the Company to conduct the following background checks, as a minimum:
- Authorize the Company to conduct a criminal background investigation, Social Security Number trace, and registered sex offender search prior to hire.
- Authorize, and have, an acceptable vehicle report prior to hire. Employees authorized to drive a vehicle may be required to authorize a Motor Vehicle Report annually.
The employee must be eligible for a Company credit card or have a credit card available for business and/or travel expenses. The employee must maintain eligibility for a credit card.