Working closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development, he/she will develop and manage a multi-year plan related to foundation and corporate grant funding including cultivation, stewardship and retention strategies. Responsibilities include researching and identifying prospective sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities, generating presentations and proposals, and reporting on outcomes.
The position is responsible for the entire process of submitting proposals from initial outreach, letters of inquiry, producing (including coordinating, writing, and compiling) proposal request submissions, ensuring stewardship, and submitting required interim and final reports.
In addition, and together with the Director of Development, he/she is responsible for oversight and management of the Foundations Corporate Alliance, comprised of 20+ member companies that meet twice annually at APA Headquarters for APA Leadership and programmatic updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and reporting of a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects/donors.
- Develop presentations and proposals to acquire programmatic funding
- Execute and manage the grant application process
- Provide consistent reporting/metrics to funders and APA/APAF leadership regarding programmatic outcomes
- Maintain strong relationships with APA leadership and key external stakeholders, including the Corporate Alliance
- Leverage prospect research tools (WealthEngine, Foundation Directory Online, etc.) to create appropriately targeted solicitations
- Facilitate high touch relationships with Corporate and Foundation funders and prospects including in-person presentations and solicitation (some travel required).
- Develop briefing reports and presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Stay abreast of the corporate/foundation giving landscape, trends and opportunities to utilize connections and best practices.
- Identify and grow a portfolio of private foundations and corporations.
- Determine priorities and develop multi-year plan to achieve.
- Develop prospectus to promote and secure sponsorships for annual benefit and special events.
- Develop and implement moves management strategy to increase giving level of current donors.
- Working with APAFs Program Directors, identify new opportunities to support and expand the Foundations programs, fellowships, awards, professional education, public outreach and related work.
- Other Duties as Assigned