JOB OVERVIEW: This team member is responsible for writing and editing product descriptions on Velotech’s eCommerce sites. The Copywriter is tasked with researching upcoming products and technologies and developing unique, compelling written content. Product copy on the Velotech sites is designed to build each site’s brand, boost SEO performance, and maximize sales. This team member is also tasked with providing additional writing support to the marketing team such as short form copy for email, print, and web marketing campaigns. Finally, the copywriter will contribute to larger marketing & sales efforts such as promotional planning and strategy development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Write all descriptions for new product on BikeTiresDirect, Western Bikeworks, and TriSports.com, rewrite existing copy as needed, contribute to various Velotech marketing projects
- Work within the existing format and style guide for the Velotech family of sites
- Extensively research new items using all available resources. Physically inspecting product, reading industry blogs, and using various other channels will be occasionally required as well. You will need to be savvy about tracking down info and verifying its accuracy.
- Work alongside the Purchasing and Creative Services Departments to efficiently manage workflow based on the priority of each product. This is determined by dollar value and seasonality. Rush jobs are also a certainty in this position
- Help develop ideas and strategies on how to better communicate/engage with the customer base for each of the Velotech sites
- Participate in promotional planning alongside the marketing and sales teams
- Contribute to marketing & sales department efforts as needed (social media posts, item descriptions, analytic tracking)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Superior written communications skills
- Working knowledge of basic HTML & CSS
- Familiarity with writing for eCommerce sales
- Experience authoring informational content for publication
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively prepare and present information to various groups
- Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple task with minimal supervision.