Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION: A high school diploma and one year of related experience or a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, public administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: One year of related experience.
- Purposes, methods, and practices of financial and accounting record keeping
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
- Proper and effective use of English grammar and communication skills (oral and written)
Candidates must also have the ability to:
- Maintain, encourage and participate in a close and highly collaborative team environment with clients and Charter Impact staff
- Adapt quickly to change
- Learn the appropriate rules, regulations and technical procedures specifically related to processing payroll for non-profit organizations and charter schools
- Understand and carry out directions in an independent manner
- Perform arithmetic calculations accurately and rapidly
- Identify and correct errors in mathematical computations
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (highly desired)
- Abila Non-Profit Accounting (formerly Sage MIP)
- Any third-party payroll database experience, such as ADP, Paychex, Intuit.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (with or without accommodation as needed to perform essential job functions)
- Read numbers, reports, and documents on computer terminals
- Use telephone and other communication devices
- Lift up to 20 pounds (light)
- Prolonged standing, some bending, stooping and stretching
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment
- Occasionally work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet deadlines
- Travel may be required for professional development events and to client locations
- Is required to directly communicate with clients