Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to the HR Department.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Personal Banker II position at our Lynnwood Branch! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for selling a full range of banking services and products, with an emphasis on growing customer relationships and actively soliciting new clients. Secondary responsibility for backup of the Personal Account Representative role so this position involves proficiency in vault procedure and cash handling and cash control. The position requires exceptional customer service and problem solving skills. The Personal Banker 2 position actively participates in sales goals and customer service opportunities. Additionally, excellent follow through and time management are essential to this role.
Mondays through Fridays from 8:30AM to 5:15PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Learns, applies, and consistently adheres to all Retail Sales and Service Protocols
- Appropriately uses open ended profiling questions during each customer interaction and recommends appropriate bank products and services
- Must have proven sales skills and able to make business calls
- Demonstrates an excellent ability to “ask for the business” and to “close the sale”
- Consistently documents appropriate customer information in a timely basis in bank’s customer relationship management system
- Opens new accounts for businesses and households in strict accordance with bank’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to CIP and BSA
- Appropriately cross-sells additional bank’s products and services to businesses and households
- Appropriately refers prospects to other bank partners (e.g. Home Lending, Commercial)
- Participates in the bank’s CRA and community event sponsorship efforts
- Researches and resolves customer complaints when necessary
- Takes action to connect with customers in a way that promotes 1st Security Bank
- Achieves monthly sales, profile and outbound call goals
- Required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, and safe deposit
- Takes initiative to learn bank products, services and procedures by utilizing their Branch Development Plan
- Participates in branch operational and audit activities as assigned
- Follows appropriate steps to ensure branch security
- Travels to assigned 1st Security Bank locations as business needs require
- Adheres to 1st Security Bank Core Values, policies and procedures
- Support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner and always represents the bank with a high level of integrity
- Performs other duties as assigned
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.