Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION: A High school diploma and two years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, public administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of related experience.
- Purposes, methods, and practices of financial and accounting record keeping
- Basic/Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
- Proper English usage and grammar
Candidates must also have the ability to:
- Maintain, encourage and participate in a close and highly collaborative team environment with clients and Charter Impact staff.
- Adapt quickly to change
- Learn the appropriate rules, regulations and technical procedures specifically related to processing payroll for non-profit organizations and charter schools
- Understand and carry out directions in an independent manner
- Perform arithmetic calculations accurately and rapidly
- Identify and correct errors in mathematical computations
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Microsoft Office (advanced skills with Excel is highly desired)
- Abila Non-Profit Accounting (formerly Sage MIP)
- Any third-party payroll database experience, such as ADP, Paychex, Intuit.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
Employees in this position will be required to:
- Work indoors in a standard office environment
- Occasionally work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet deadlines
- Travel may be required for professional development events and to client locations
- Directly communicate with clients