BWH Director of Inpatient Social Services
Description: Responsible for the overall functioning of the Social Services Department including the development, management, and implementation of social work services for patients of the hospital and their families. Responsible for hiring, orienting, evaluating, and providing clinical and administrative supervision of the social work staff and interns. Must be invested in the education and growth of social workers. Represents and advocates for the Social Services Department on hospital, administrative and executive committees for the delivery of high-quality care to patients and their families. The Manager may also be responsible for direct patient care.
Incumbent performs duties in accordance with corporate, organization and department policies and procedures while adhering to the overall mission of Bournewood Health Systems.
Bournewood Health Systems is dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery.
Bournewood is committed to a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural communities; and include patients and families as partners in their treatment. Our philosophy stands for providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff in which restraint and seclusion are prevented through the use of a range of resources and tools. All Bournewood employees are educated in and support this philosophy. All candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of trauma-informed and patient-centered care.
Start Date: ASAP
Openings: 1 Full-Time
- Masters in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an L.I.C.S.W. required
- Requires 3-5 years of providing clinical supervision preferably in a psychiatric inpatient setting.
- Requires 3 years management experience.
- Experience in inpatient psychiatric settings.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use treatment systems including DMH, DPH/BSAS,
- Experience with Joint Commission and other regulatory/licensing requirements for psychiatric inpatient settings.
Location: Brookline, MA