Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is highly desired.
- 7 years of experience, a portion of which includes oversight and development of staff is required.
- Experience in a professional service firm, such as a CPA firm is a plus.
- Experience in charter school finance and operations is a plus.
- Non-profit accounting experience is a plus.
CERTIFICATION: Certified Public Accountant is highly desired, but not required.
- Maintain, encourage and participate in a close and highly collaborative team environment with clients and Charter Impact staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Self-starter - able to prioritize and multi-task without daily direct supervision.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Abila/Sage Non-Profit Accounting and Paychex/ADP software.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (with or without accommodation as needed to perform essential job functions)
- Read numbers, reports, and documents on computer terminals
- Use telephone and other communication devices
- Lift up to 20 pounds (Light)
- Prolonged standing, some bending, stooping and stretching
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment
- Work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet deadlines
- Come in direct contact with client staff, students, parents and the public
- Travel regularly to client locations in southern CA