Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, we are unstoppable. The heart of the PHLCVB lies in the soul of this city. The resourcefulness, resilience and openness that we are built on and building upon. There is no challenge we'll meet that we won't rise to, and there is no status quo in these two words. Only momentum.
Consider joining us! We are currently searching for a Corporate Communications Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working in partnership with the Director of Communications and the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, this role will help support PHLCVB organizational communications initiatives, projects and programs. As a key member of the MARCOM team, the Corporate Communications Manager will collaborate with cross-functional partners within the MARCOM department, as well as with senior leadership from other internal departments, to develop innovative ways to engage the PHLCVB’s various audiences through written communications, business presentations and speeches. This position will support key leadership and the broader organization for customer and stakeholder presentations, corporate communications projects, business reports, thought leadership articles, and more. Above all, bringing a storytelling sensibility to every project is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse portfolio of written material that underscores their ability to convey complicated or nuanced topics in a simple and direct style for a variety of audiences. This candidate should be skilled at visualizing written communications and bringing narratives to life. The position requires this individual to excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike and to consistently deliver high-quality work even under tight time constraints.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In support of key senior executives, develop and edit content for internal and external announcements, speeches and presentations targeted to customers, stakeholders, industry partners and staff
- Prepare presentations for PHLCVB board meetings and other high-level organizational keynote presentations, talking points, narratives and other written materials
- Review and provide feedback on presentations developed by other members of the PHLCVB staff, ensuring organizational messaging and branding is following all standards and guidelines
- Serve as project support on key corporate communications publications like the PHLCVB Annual Report, and other materials that underscore the organization’s relevancy and importance as an economic engine for Philadelphia
- Create innovative communications techniques that inform and engage diverse audiences across a wide variety of tourism-related topics
- Research and package content from internal and external resources to develop insightful and engaging narratives that fit the authentic style of the presenter and the organization
- Proactively develop industry-leading content for delivery at high profile industry events
- Partner with the MARCOM Design Specialist to develop complementary visuals for speaking engagements and meetings
- Help refine external meeting content and fine-tune delivery and talking points