Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
The Billing Specialist is responsible to prepare, send and collect payments from customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the preparation of statements and bills.
- Maintains and/or ensures maintenance of client records related to invoicing and bill payment.
- Reviews billing to ensure accuracy, resolving inconsistencies as needed.
- Creates and provides a prioritized list of clients to be invoiced to team members.
- Locates, or assists in location of, hard-to-reach clients.
- Drafts and distributes weekly reports of invoicing and billing metrics.
- Advises on proper, legal parameters for collections practices; ensures that all billing actions comply with company, local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Provides customer support to customers with disputes or inquiries concerning invoices or billing process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generates customer invoices including running labor reports, obtaining bill of materials, tabulating fuel charges, freight costs and other miscellaneous charges to be billed. High volume, complex, contract specific progress billing.
- Respond to customer billing questions, customer disputes and escalate to as needed.
- Prepare unbilled reports by customer. Analyzing unbilled report and provide reasons for variances.
- Interact with internal departments to resolve billing issues and establish best practice internal processes.
- Meet critical deadlines and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintain thorough understanding of all customer balances, including upcoming departure billings and items in WIP.
- Update daily/monthly/weekly payment status and projected collections.
- Create customer statements, copies of Invoices and other documentation upon request
- Interact with customers in person, by phone, by email, and by letter to facilitate and drive collection of aging invoices, including copies of statements, invoices, and other documentation upon request.
- Interact with Operations, Contracts, Marketing, and Customer Service to ensure customer status is understood and communicated clearly
- Utilize the corporate ERP system to generate reports to perform account reconciliations
- Interact with Operations and other key departments to ensure customer accurate invoicing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of collection practices and laws.
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to maintain records and produce reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Self-directed with the ability to work without supervision
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a complex multi-location environment
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements