ARIZONA 811, previously known as Arizona Blue Stake, is seeking EDUCATION & COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST candidates who have a great aptitude, phenomenal presentation skills and a strong dependable work ethic. Not 'just' anyone can do THIS job, our employees get hired and stay here!
Arizona 811 is a non-profit organization established in 1974, Arizona Blue Stake as a call center so underground facility owners and operators would be notified when anyone was planning to dig so they could mark their facilities in advance, in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 40-360.21-32, also referred to as Arizonas Call Before You Dig law.
MISSION: Our Mission is to perform excavation notification services and stakeholder education that promotes the safety and welfare of the community by protecting underground facilities from damage.
VISION: Arizona 811 sets the performance standard as a premier communication center in the damage-prevention industry. Where we go, the industry will follow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the direction of the Education & Awareness Manager and in collaboration with other team members, departments and external stakeholders to help promote brand recognition
- Design and maintain a favorable public image for the organization
- Provide education and public awareness messaging of the organizations mission, vision, best practices, training and safety tips
- Design and develop internal/external educational, written, and graphic publications/content in a variety of formats, including print, graphics, multimedia, audio, video, classroom/web-based learning courses, marketing publications, news releases, newsletter, etc.
- Coordinate, assist and make personal appearances at public outreach events, public relations activities and deliver training workshops, lectures, and webinars, as well conduct post-course surveys
- Develop, implement, maintain and manage social media presence and marketing/advertising strategy by creating and publishing engaging written, graphic, photo and video educational and informative content
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and tools/technologies
- Cultivating, maintaining and leveraging media relationships and new business contacts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Nature of Guidelines
Procedures for doing the work have been established and a number of specific guidelines are available. The number of similar guidelines and work situations requires the employee to use judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines, references, and procedures for application and, in making minor deviations, to adapt the guidelines to specific cases. At this level, the employee may also determine which of several established alternatives to use. Situations to which the existing guidelines cannot be applied or significant proposed deviations from the guidelines are referred to the supervisor.
The work consists of broad functions and processes of an administrative or professional field. Assignments are characterized by breadth and intensity of effort and involve several phases being pursued concurrently or sequentially with the support of others within or outside of the organization. Decisions regarding what needs to be done include largely undefined issues and elements, requiring extensive probing and analysis to determine the nature and scope of the problems. The work requires continuing efforts to establish concepts, theories, or programs, or to resolve unyielding problems.
Scope and Effect
The work involves isolating and defining unknown conditions, resolving critical problems, or developing new theories. The work product or service affects the work of other experts, the development of major aspects of administrative or scientific programs or missions, or the well being of substantial numbers of people.
The personal contacts are with individuals or groups from outside the organization in a moderately unstructured setting (e.g., the contacts are not established on routine basis; the purpose and extent of each contact is different and the role and authority of each party is identified and developed during the course of the contact). Typical of contacts at this level are those with persons in their capacities as attorneys; contractors; or representatives of professional organizations, the news media, or public action groups.
Purpose of Contacts
The purpose is to influence, motivate, interrogate, or control persons or groups. At this level the persons contacted may be fearful, skeptical, uncooperative, or dangerous. Therefore, the employee must be skillful in approaching the individual or group in order to obtain the desired effect, such as gaining compliance with established policies and rules by persuasion or negotiation, or gaining information by establishing rapport with a suspicious informant.