Lighthouse Central Florida is a mission-driven, values based organization providing optimal blend of rehabilitation training services and real world application to help individuals of all ages, who live with any degree of vision loss to adjust to their reality with grace and confidence so that can remain active, productive members of our community.
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist who will work closely with the IT Team to provide Help Desk support to end users of Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works! This candidate will participate in the administration of workstations, servers, phones, networking equipment, and various other IT systems at Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works!
The ideal candidate will participate in and supports the values and mission of Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works!
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of a helpdesk ticket, ensuring the prompt resolution of issues and user satisfaction throughout the process
- Provide Help Desk support to end users, including support for hardware, printing, applications, and training/instruction
- Monitor multiple ticket queues and solve or assign tasks appropriately
- Log service requests into designated Help Desk software application
- Handle unique situations and take lead on urgent issues, acting as a technical lead and mentor to junior team members
- Deploy both new and existing systems, with proper use of wire management
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of workstations, printers, and phones
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of servers and networking equipment
- Responsible for maintaining access to the corporate network by creating and modifying user accounts in conjunction with assigning appropriate access privileges
- Perform advanced technology troubleshooting in person, over the phone, and remotely with remote access software
- Evaluate new hardware and software to meet company requirements. Provide advice on the most suitable system choices, purchases, and standards
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Responsible for maintaining logs and inventories of all software, licenses, hardware, and peripherals company wide
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve individual user technology problems independently, with minimal assistance
- Apply patches and upgrades to workstations on a regular basis
- Responsible for performing hardware and software maintenance on a quarterly basis
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge of certain products, technologies, tools, methodologies and services used within the department
- Interface with other teams, vendors, and businesses as part of the service and support process
- Analyze software and hardware needs and usage, recommending changes and upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely solutions to users in the corporation
- Assist with the design, implementation, testing, and deployment phases of new systems
- Assist in providing training for coworkers
- Willingness to work from and travel between multiple Orlando based offices, supporting users at more than one physical location
- Comply with agency policies and procedures including the completion of required documentation and reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.