The bus driver must be familiar with Greater Lawrence streets and will drive the school bus in accordance with all local and State regulations and requirements. The bus driver will make a priority to have a safe and educational ride.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Transports children to and from school and follows a planned route on a time schedule.
- Picks up children along scheduled routes at the same time every day.
- Transports children on fieldtrips and/or to other activities.
- Maintains a basic routine check of bus fluids and lights including regular refueling and cleaning of assigned vehicle and performing daily pre-trips.
- Notifies manager of vehicle repair or maintenance needs, maintains a monthly log of any maintenance done to vehicles and submits monthly logs to manager.
- Assists with delivery of program supplies, materials, mail, etc. as assigned.
- Willing to learn how to operate and use all office equipment.
- Participates in keeping a safe and happy environment for children on the bus.
- Assists with other cross-component duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Valid Massachusetts CDL with Passenger and School bus endorsement.
- Must have the ability to maintain a positive relationship with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have some flexibility when an emergency arises.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Show documented proof of current Department of Transportation medical card and School Bus certificate card, negative TB test, and proof of MMR immunity. (Hepatitis B immunity is advisable.)
- Must have a suitable CORI, SORI, & DCF background check on file prior to employment.
- Pre-employment Drug/Alcohol test required.
- Must obtain First Aid & CPR certificate upon hire.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: Is required for training and visits to other locations.
Physical Demands: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.